New starts, old lessons - An instropection

 The first quarter of my EVS just ended, and I was thinking what have I learned? What happened? How much I changed? This entry is gonna be a bit different, so if you're searching for more stories I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but you won't get them from this post. Now it's time to ramble.

 As I already said (Sorry for repeating myself so much) this post is more an instropection, right now I'm writing this from the inside of my house, that I'm not (legally) allowed to leave unless I have a good reason, instead on working on my project that I just can't bring myself to do right now. So you can imagine how my head is right now.

 First of all I have to say that I love all my friends no matter where they are, they helped me in this difficult road more times than they know, and I couldn't imagine finding better companions for this journey. In fact I'm writing this because of one blog post, that I just read today, inspired me to just say what is been in my head, maybe it'll help someone else but saying it out loud for sure helps me.

 I can say that I learned a lot of things, mostly old lessons that I should already know by now. And of course I changed a lot from how I was 3 months ago. I keep thinking how to do it, so I'm just gonna say some that have been going on in my mind.

  • Care about your loved ones

 As it always happens with new starts, we find ourselves in new environments full of opportunities to grow and learn, but often that leads to forget briefly old lessons that we should already know. For example, no matter where you go you still leave something behind: friends, family, pets, houses, memories. I'm ashamed to say that I'm not the best at maintaining things when I leave, I still care but just can't bring myself to behave like I did in the past and that can lead to resentment, from both parts. I hope that someday I can find the balance between both, I'm working towards that goal everyday, if only little by little. But hear my advice, don't forget about them, treat them how they deserve, for you it's easy new place, new life. But for them they have to go on their lives without you, a big hole with your shape on it and trust me that's not easy. So try to make the effort everyday if only sending some memes or just something that reminds you of them, they're gonna appreciate it a lot.

  • You need to learn how to adapt
 Life it's not fair, that is something that you always hear. We can think that things are gonna go in a certain way, only to be surprised on how they take sudden and unexpected turn. Don't fall into despair (Wow so dramatic) just try to go with the flow. Adapting sounds easier than really doing it. Sometimes you won't agree with it and you'll think that you can still keep your original plans, wrong. Life is what it is and you have to adapt to it. And it's not only life, maybe is a group of persons, that for whatever reason, don't work in the way you imagine or a certain activities, or a fucking lockdown. You need to adapt to whatever comes your way for two reasons: 1) If you don't you're gonna suffer waaaaaay more than if you do and 2) (Mostly with other persons) Because they're also doing the same for you, adapting is a two way street don't ever think that you're doing all the work. I know is something really difficult to do, but give your best effort and at least people will apreciate it.

 I told you I was going to really ramble about this eh xD

  • You can do anything, that you decide to do

 Life can be a bit overwhelming many times, making us think that we can't continue like this or this is where you draw the line, thinking that maybe after all this was not for you. I won't tell you don't think that way because I feel like that more times than I can count, and it's totally ok.
But you need to remind yourself that as long as you want to do it, you can do it. Maybe it's gonna take a long time, great effort or a mixture of both, it shouldn't matter if you want to do it.
You're the only one that can say what you can or can't do.
And remember, when one tries something new, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Always walk your own path. 


 Maybe after reading this wall of text you'll think "but I already know all these things WTF is wrong with you" I also thought that I know them, but knowing is way different than having to do them, surprising me a lot. At the end I can't tell you what to do or how to react to things, this is mostly for myself, just believe in you and treat others how they deserve.


¡Nos vemos!
This is only a photo of the Danube that I did the other dya

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

First everything in Resita

Goodbyes, Snowy Mountains and Little Paris

Of Campfire and Hikes