Goodbyes, Snowy Mountains and Little Paris

Oh February, what a bittersweet month, as always so many things happened but this time not all of them were good, but I shouldn't get too ahead of myself. Let's start from the beginning.


 The month started in a good note, the activities were going good, I was getting along with the others and life was starting to fall into an easy flow. I was hanging out mostly in the "Cockroach" apartment, playing games and drinking with them, I became fast friends with them. But this was the first "bad" moment of the month, half of the people from that apartment were finishing their projects and had to leave. It was the first goodbye from my EVS, and it was a sad one.

The group with our "big" snowman
 After the "Cockroaches" left, the spirits were a bit low for everyone but luckily we have something to look forward!

 The next morning some of us were going to Semenic, a mountain close to Resita, in an activity with kids. We had an incredible sunny day, that made the already breathtaking scenery more beautiful. The organization provided us also with some sleds, it didn't take too long for us to start racing with them! We raced and played until we were too exhausted to continue.

The following week we have a costume party to celebrare Carnaval, but sadly before that we have to said goodbye to another person, Moh a guy from Jordan left the project. So as is tradition we did a party before he left and send him off in great style. But I'm already getting tired of all this farewells lol.

Jesus bless this party
The next day we did a costume party where everyone dressed up. It was amazing! Everyone have really good costumes, although the prize for the best costume went to our local greek boy (Spyros) as a "Punk". Really great night but sadly our last party :(


No time to rest, because immediately after that we have to move our asses fast and get ready for On-Arrival week in Bucharest. We were still a bit affected by the party and nearly lost the train, but everything worked at the end and we arrived safely at Bucharest, after a night of sleeping in the train.

Volunteers and random people from the street
Cărturești Carusel, don't hesitate to go
There I met again a lot of people from all over the world (even India!) and spent a week with them learning more about volunteering. Our amazing instructors (Hello Dani and Iona!) teach us a lot about our rights, responsabilities and expectations. They also answered a ton of questions that we have, never losing their patience (trust me we tried).

I'll be real, I didn't like Bucharest. Too busy and noisy for my taste but even there I found some great places (thanks to the recommendations of my friends!). One of them was the most beautiful bookstore I ever seen, full to the brim with books and interesting sights. I ended buying two books before I could stop myself :__)

Agus and me in Kulturhaus (Best photo I could find)
The other place was Kulturhaus, probably the club with the best music I ever been. There we spend an amazing night just before coming back home.

After another long train ride, I finally arrived in Resita and man I didn't realize how much I missed this city.

I spent that night just enjoying the company of my friends and drinking a beer. I didn't want to be anywhere else.









Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

First everything in Resita

Of Campfire and Hikes