Hello! Here I am!

 Hello there! / "¡Oh qué paso!" I'm Juanca a 24 years old from Gran Canaria, Spain. I was studying Computer Engineering in the ULPGC, but after many years I burned out and decided to take a year-off to try other experiences.

 While I was thinking about what to do a friend of mine told me about the EVS; helping people in other countries, working with an association and living abroad; while she was telling me about that it was in that moment that I knew what I wanted to do.

Here is Resita
So I started searching around for EVS projects and opportunities, after a couple of months, Nevo Parudimos sent me a contact request which I accepted, after they sent me the infopack (I was in Granada!) I was thrilled that project seemed perfect for me! I talked with them and soon I got and interview.

After talking with Lilla (One of the project coordinators) they accepted me! So after making some arrangements with them (I couldn't come in december so we have to check if it was ok in January) I started the preparatives to go to Resita in Romania. I was going to stay for 1 year and work in the project V for Volunteering, this was huge to me I have travelled a couple of times but never have lived abroad, moreover for 1 year! Nevertheless I was excited to start.


   After Christmas (In Spain it lasts until January 6) it was the moment to pack all my things and start the biggest change that I ever experienced. So after saying goodbye to my family and friend I entered my first of 3 flights. 

 In Madrid, my first stop, I met Agus another volunteer working in the smae project as mine. There we spend the day together, getting to know each other, until it was time to go to the airport again and hop in the next fly to Milan.


My hands are tiny XD but the Pizza was huge
 In Milan we stayed all the night in the airport (not recommended) so when it was time for the next and final flight we were very tired. Nevertheless we were excited to come to Resita and couldn't wait to land.

  After arriving in Timisoara, we have to wait a few minutes until Nevo came to pick us up, there we also meet Özge the other volunteer in our project, so while we introduce ourselves Cosmin (One of the guys from Nevo) arrived and we got in the car. Finally Resita was so close!

 We reached Resita one and a half hour later, it looked like a nice city! First we went to Nevo to meet all the people that worked and the we went to our apartments. That day we were dead tired, so after unpacking we met for a pizza and went home to rest.

The next day we did have a party but let's leave it for another moment!


 Well "¿Qué les digo?" Until the next post!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

First everything in Resita

Goodbyes, Snowy Mountains and Little Paris

Of Campfire and Hikes